Summer Energy Saving Tips (Part 2)
Little things mean a lot.
- Swap out incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents (CFLs). CFLs produce the same light but use a fifth the energy and heat.
- Airdry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics (TVs, VCRs etc.) into power strips and turn power strips off when not in use.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater; 115° is comfortable for most uses.
- Take showers instead of baths to reduce hot water use.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.